Regarding kpdf

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Fri Jan 2 22:11:08 GMT 2004

On Friday 02 January 2004 22:48, Frans Englich wrote:

> So you mean we include both and:
> * Make kghostview open ps's
> * Make kpdf open pdf's
> * Make only kghostview available in the KMenu.

I have to admit, that for daily work I mainly use acroread instead of
kghostview since kghostview displays less documents correctly. Also
kghostview is missing many features acroread has.
Unfortunately in business life pdfs are increasing more and more. A lot of
authorities nowadays provide pdfs instead of docs :-)) Therefore I think it
is really important for KDE and esp. it's business use to have a good and
integrated pdf viewer.

So I vote for:
 * Make kghostview open ps's
 * Make kpdf open pdf's
 * Make both in the KMenu.

BTW - kghostview and kpdf should both be added to the office instead of the
graphics one.

Greetings,
eva