Regarding kpdf

Eva Brucherseifer eva at kde.org
Sat Jan 3 15:21:56 GMT 2004

On Friday 02 January 2004 23:30, Frans Englich wrote:
> And you're not the only one. Eventually, I will have to go hide
> somewhere.. ;-)

There is nothing to say against a good discussion, no reason to hide :-)

> > BTW - kghostview and kpdf should both be added to the office instead of
> > the graphics one.
>
> Good point.
>
> Another thing crossed my mind: I think both could be removed from the kmenu
> without usability loss(or very little): When the user gets a ps/pdf
> document he/she doesn't go to the KMenu to find a suitable app, instead
> he/she judges from the icon displayed and clicks it(and the mimetype system
> takes over). "Context" based thinking instead of "toolbased"..

usabilitywise it's always good to provide offer several ways to do things.
Removing the entries from kmenu is a very bad solution imho.

Also the menu is used to check what's available on the system. People might
have acroread in the menu and only use acroread instead of kpdf.

Greetings,
eva