Web cvs

Christopher Molnar molnarc at pandmservices.com
Wed Feb 25 01:19:04 GMT 2004

I am happy to sort things out. But it is high time that people stop
just taking --- I do not think that the one line link is bad. I am
seeing other sites put "please donate via paypal" and so on.

This is not final, but this is to make anyone who is complaining
understand completly that the server is not a KDE server, KDE has NO
RIGHT to make demands on how things are displayed, I can and will take
my toys and go home.

KDE has a right to suggest, offer some support, offer an alternative,
or realize that this is a 100% non-issue. This is not a university
server, this is a private machine that over the years I have continued
to update, and continued to make faster and better because of the
continued increase in need by KDE (webcvs, anoncvs, web mirror, and ftp
mirror). I have never complained about it, I have never ever shut it
down, and we have had near 100% uptime.

Yet, it is unbelievable to me that I have had to read a tirade of
emails demanding that I make the server "free" and demand that I take a
1 line link off of the server. If this is the case than KDE needs to
remove all of the links off of the contributions page. They are all
advertisements.

It is open for discussion, but I did not see any discussion in any of
the prior messages I just saw complaints.

-Chris