System Bell - what a smell, so what the hell?

Adriaan de Groot adridg at cs.kun.nl
Thu Feb 19 11:49:47 GMT 2004

On Thursday 19 February 2004 10:26, Frans Englich wrote:
> Should we in HEAD move kdepasswd, add my new kcm and remove the other two,
> or do it in the separate branch?

I believe there were strong objections to moving kdepasswd. Moving stuff
around on the CVS server while maintaining different branches is difficult
and or weird - best ask a CVS guru on that.

> Any objections? Any name suggestions for the branch? MAKE_IT_CONFIGURABLE
> is my suggestion.

That's not such a good branch name, eh. Not to mention that all-caps branch
names are special. And there's probably a make_it_configurable branch
already, since people are rarely creative. Like the make_it_cool branch. Pick
a name that's less generic - franss_amazing_redesign is a good branch name,
as is, say osnabrueck_innenstadt_branch.

And you're right about it being a nightmare to maintain. How good of you to
volunteer.

--
pub  1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org>
                     Would you like a freem?