System Bell - what a smell, so what the hell?

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sat Feb 21 19:51:52 GMT 2004

On Thursday 19 February 2004 12:49, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Thursday 19 February 2004 10:26, Frans Englich wrote:
> > Should we in HEAD move kdepasswd, add my new kcm and remove the other
> > two, or do it in the separate branch?
>
> I believe there were strong objections to moving kdepasswd. Moving stuff
> around on the CVS server while maintaining different branches is difficult
> and or weird - best ask a CVS guru on that.
>
> > Any objections? Any name suggestions for the branch? MAKE_IT_CONFIGURABLE
> > is my suggestion.
>
> That's not such a good branch name, eh. Not to mention that all-caps branch
> names are special.

Heh, I read somewhere the all-caps were enforced by the cvs scripts but that
did only apply to the regular branches then, I guess. I make it small caps.

> And there's probably a make_it_configurable branch
> already, since people are rarely creative.
> Like the make_it_cool branch.
> Pick a name that's less generic - franss_amazing_redesign is a good branch
> name, as is, say osnabrueck_innenstadt_branch.

No google hits on make_it_configurable..

> And you're right about it being a nightmare to maintain. How good of you to
> volunteer.

The evilness in your smile when you wrote that, is of course indescribable :)
We will definitely wait until 3.2.1 is out, and at least I, some longer - I
will be gone during Mars(but back in April, hopefully).

		Frans