System Bell - what a smell, so what the hell?

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Mon Feb 16 09:51:21 GMT 2004

On Monday 16 February 2004 02:13, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2004 01:36, George Staikos wrote:
> >    Because arts is a major problem (instability, high cpu usage being the
> > worst problems).
>
> Yeah, it's become pretty ridiculous... I have sound notifs for virtual
> desktop changes, and if I switch desktops a couple of times too quickly,
> artsd crashes right away. On the other hand, if you build --without-arts,
> there's no way to get sound notifs at all (while in 3.1 it was possible).

So if I got this straight.. we keep it because arts is buggy?

Hm.. that solution to arts is only helpful to a handful of people, and even
then secondary best. Removing the bell would really help KControl and also
speed up startup performance.. Can't we work around arts' problem in some
other way? The costs for this solution is pretty high.

Cheers,

		Frans