THREAT: Move kdepasswd from kdeutils to kdebase

Richard Smith kde at metafoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 17:28:21 GMT 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 4:56 pm, Ravi wrote:
> > I take this as a silent agreement..? If no one speaks up in the up coming
> > days I will drop a line to sysadmin and request kdepasswd to be moved to
> > kdebase.
>
> Apologies for the late reply; I just found time to play with it. I like it.
> Please commit to wherever the consensus is. Unless and until kdepasswd is
> moved into kdebase, please check for the executable in the constructor, and
> disable the "Change Password" button if it is not found.

Please don't do this! A few times in KDE I've found options I really wanted to
choose, but couldn't because they were disabled. If you're going to disable
something, can I request that you either make absolutely sure that it's
obvious why it's disabled? "Because kdeutils isn't installed" isn't an
obvious reason for "you can't change your password". IMO a tooltip or what's
this text is insufficient too - I personally hardly ever check for them
because they're so rare.

Thanks.
Richard Smith