[kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2

Henrique Pinto henrique.pinto at kdemail.net
Sat Feb 7 00:26:10 GMT 2004

Hi!

Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> most of bugs.kde.org is not well maintained, groomed or managed. probably
> because most of us have "better things" to do that muck around in a web
> interface for several hours at a stretch, while our users lean on it all day
> long. therefore the need for bug triage.

I believe that many users could help if you gave them something more
specific than "bug triage" to do. I thought of writing a dot story
calling people for some specific tasks at b.k.o, like "testing patches
attached to bug reports and reminding the maintainer about those patches
if they still apply" or "check if all reported rendering errors against
KHTML <=3.1.5 are still present in KDE 3.2".

There are probably some more easy tasks some users could do (what about
"closing wishes that had no comments for more than 1 year"?), and a dot
story detailing these tasks could probably result in the beginnings of a
  bug triage team.

Should I post that "Call for help" to the dot? What more tasks can be
added to the list? Or is it completely madness to ask our users for
checking if reported bugs still aply?

Thanks!

PS: Is there a mailinglist or something else to where I can direct
people willing to help the KDE Quality Team?

--
	Henrique Pinto
	henrique.pinto at kdemail.net