[kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Feb 7 09:03:43 GMT 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 01:18, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On February 06, 2004 05:26, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> > I believe that many users could help if you gave them something more
> > specific than "bug triage" to do.
>
> yes, a "Bug Triage" howto is needed and will eventually get written.
>
> > Should I post that "Call for help" to the dot? What more tasks can be
> > added to the list? Or is it completely madness to ask our users for
> > checking if reported bugs still aply?
>
> i think it's a fine thing, but we need something to point them at that
> says, "This is how to work with bugs.kde.org." encouraging people to go
> crazy in b.k.o without such a thing is probably madness ;-)
>
> > PS: Is there a mailinglist or something else to where I can direct
> > people willing to help the KDE Quality Team?
>
> good question. AFAIK right now, no... i do know that Carlos Woelz
> has been working towards that, though... perhaps it's time we asked the
> Deities of the KDE Mailing Lists to grant us a new list? first, though, it

Sometimes I get the impression that we have to many mailing lists.
If we now setup a mailing list for the new bug hunters/janitors/scouts/...,
who will take part on this mailing list ?
The few people who want to do something, and maybe a few from here. But not
many. I'd suggest for them to use kde-devel or kde-core-devel in the
beginning, so that they get answer on questions and don't get the impression
that their project is already dead again.

If the day comes when they have become a big team they should get their own
mailing list.

Bye
Alex