[kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at Kossebau.de
Sat Feb 7 11:23:13 GMT 2004

Am Freitag, 6. Februar 2004 19:06 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> based on previous experience doing some cleanups in the past for kicker and
> kcontrol, i'd guess that we could reduce the # of reports by 10-25% simply
> by removing dead reports (too old, no new responses), duplicates and
> invalid requests. that's 800-1600 BRs, and even just that would make it a
> lot easier to deal with the remaining reports.

IMHO "Too old" or "no new responses" might not always be sufficient to declare
a report dead. When I had a look at the bugs for khexedit I found some very
old ones with no new responses that were still valid. Some were easy to fix
(done :), some need a lot of base work, e.g. support for very large files,
(unfinished experimental code in kdenonbeta and on my harddisk).

So please prepare your dead report filter to take the validness into account
:)

Friedrich