Moving kdcop

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Feb 3 11:11:10 GMT 2004

On Monday 02 February 2004 23:20, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> On Monday 02 February 2004 05:25 pm, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > Don't forget about KHotKeys, KHotKeys is certainly *not* a developer app,
> > it's useable for anyone. And KHotKeys lets you use kdcop to bind a DCOP
> > action to.
>
> if for one second you think that kdcop is needed to use out of the box KDE
> then you are sorely mistaken and should be sentenced to a thousand years
> with people forced to use your software ;)

  It is basically now required for Kst, which is an app built on KDE as a
platform.  Kst does not require kdesdk, so if you move kdcop, you break Kst
in the sense that my users, when they upgrade KDE, will no longer have the
tools they need.   They are on many different platforms and getting kdelibs
and base installed is more work than they want to deal with, let alone
install kdesdk too.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/