Moving kdcop

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Mon Feb 2 22:25:12 GMT 2004

On February 2, 2004 06:21 pm, Frans Englich wrote:
> I don't get it, kdeutils is not for power users. It is for those who need a
> calculator or format their floppy. kdeutils is mandatory - everyone must
> have it.

kdeutis is not mandatory.. you can run KDE without it just fine.

> And that's why everyone will end up with kdcop anyway if it's in
> kdeutils.
> I don't get it, if this power user (know what kded is and) need to run its
> dcop call, why can't he then install kdesdk?
>
> I want kdcop in kdesdk to reduce KDE forking.

Don't forget about KHotKeys, KHotKeys is certainly *not* a developer app, it's
useable for anyone. And KHotKeys lets you use kdcop to bind a DCOP action
to.

Without kdcop in kdebase, the DCOP functionality in khotkeys would pretty much
need to  be removed, unless you were going to make the user type the DCOP
commands by hand.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org