Moving kdcop

Roberto Alsina ralsina at kde.org
Mon Feb 2 22:10:09 GMT 2004

> On Monday 02 February 2004 22:57, Stephan Binner wrote:
>> On Monday 02 February 2004 22:50, Frans Englich wrote:
>> > Is not kdesdk a better place for kdcop?
>>
>> You forget to say why. kdcop can be used by users.
>
> Every app can be used by users. This is not a joke, for every single app
> out
> there it is usable for at least one user. But we can't force it on
> everyone,
> the resources in terms of usability and harddisc space simply not exist.
>
> If someone need to mix with KDE internals, those hackers can install
> kdesdk,
> just as everyone install koffice if they need office suite functionality.
>
> Sounds reasonable?

kdcop lets power users explore enough to create nice stuff like the
googleclip thing from a couple of days ago.

kdesdk usually has a dependency on a real development environment, which
those power users don't really need.

And come on, just how big *is* kdcop?

It's 100K here, let's say 200K with docs? 70K gzipped? In a 9MB package? ;-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at kde.org
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Buenos Aires - Argentina
Imminentizing the eschaton since 1971.