Set shadowSortColumn false per default

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Dec 21 17:28:48 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 05:53, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> Because the folder tree is about 15 times as wide as either of the other
> two columns ( unread and total ), the list view looks *very* weird... about
> 75% of it is grey, the rest is white.

my personal impression was that it was not quite subtle enough. the contrast
is rather high and this can be distracting (at least at first) ... perhaps
some colour tweaking is called for here.

that said, i'm reminded of the "titles in the K Menu" discussion: it is rather
different than what you see elsewhere, has usability benefits and was not
liked at first because it wasn't the usual look but there's hardly ever a
peep against it to be heard now.

> I still think that the option itself is OK - but it should not be default
> to on. It is too unusual.

innovation? if something makes it inhospitable to the majority of our new
users then that's one thing, but simply being different is not an argument in
an of itself IMHO.

--
Aaron J. Seigo