How did akregator come into kdepim?

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Fri Dec 17 08:13:58 GMT 2004

George you have my respect, you have earned it, you deserve some say in which
applications are included in kdepim.

However as far as I'm concerned, there is a kdepim community. Cornelius has
the general respect of this community and he's the guy who calculates whether
the community is for or against including code in kdepim.

Not that I'm against having an inclusive democratic body of kdepim developers
for deciding if code should be included in kdepim when a conflict arises. But
that's just not the way it is today, today and for quite some time Cornelius
has had the burden of working out what the right thing to do in these
situations is.

So because I feel that you're dismissing Cornelius' concerns without giving
them due consideration and because I feel that I'm represented by Cornelius'
in these matters, I feel that you are also dismissing my concerns as a 'PIM
Developer'.

This make me feel like you don't respect us, just a little. Hopefully this is
just me mis-interpreting your terse remarks as being curt due to the inherent
limitations of email as a communications medium.

On Monday 13 December 2004 07:22, George Staikos wrote:
> On Sunday 12 December 2004 16:12, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > >    More unacceptable than breaking the build?
> >
> > Come on, fixing the build doesn't prevent you from sending a mail
> > explaining the reasons for moving akgregator to kdepim. It probably
> > would also have been more efficient to ask for help instead of just
> > committing stuff.
>
>    My commit logs said why.  They became email to kde-cvs at kde.org.

Don