How did akregator come into kdepim?

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Mon Dec 13 07:53:23 GMT 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:22 am, George Staikos wrote:
> > How did it work when akregator was in kdenonbeta?
>
>    It had conditional build that built a non-Kontact-compatible version if
> Kontact was not found.  Basically it creates a runtime bug (dysfunctional
> kontact plugin) to avoid a compile error, which is silly.
For what it is worth, I ran across this bug. I had NFI what was wrong - looked
like it was building fine, but always just errorred out when I clicked on it.

As a point of conciliation, it might have been better if more consultation had
occurred about the change to the agreed location, but unless there is a good
technical solution, then it is probably just best to write this off as "one
of those things".

Nice work on Kontact, including the Akregator, to all involved. I'd still like
the embedded image viewer to work (bug:94408) though :-)

Brad