KDE 3.1.4

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Sep 5 01:59:21 BST 2003

On Friday 05 September 2003 02:41, George Staikos wrote:

> I'm thinking it will help focus remaining effort on 3.2 now.  Only
> really critical (data loss, security, severe crash/corruption) bugs need to
> be backported anymore IMHO.

I don't plan any future 3.1.x releases if thats what you mean, because it
would just more or less conflict with the 3.2 release schedule. However that
shouldn't prevent anybody from doing any less backporting work. It might
happen any time that we're forced to ship a new release (like security
issues, major regressions etc) and then any additionally backported bugfix is
nice to have (unless of course, it was never tested and is also broken).

On the other side, most distro packagers traditionally always sync with our
stable code branch, so even if there is no release all the changes committed
to the branch are usually picked up by the packagers at some point. And it
might still take quite some time till the 3.2 tree is becoming "stable".

--
Dirk