KWallet integration

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 18:33:32 BST 2003

On Wednesday 03 September 2003 19:22, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 07:15:16PM +0200, Tim Jansen wrote:
> > But if I understand it correctly now, it asks for a password at each
> > startup? That also sounds quite annoying and certainly not what the
> > majority of users want.

You can tell KWallet to remember the password for the rest of the session
('single sign-on'), but that's really George's area to reply on, it's way
outside Konq's and Kopete's realm.

> Different security levels of wallets would make so much sense. Giving
> Kopete access to a MSN account should probably not use the same wallet as
> should probably use a one-time authorization, I wouldn't even want Konq to
> load my creditcard details a hour n+1 just because I have used the app to
> order something at hour n.

For that Konq needs the ability to use custom wallets. It doesn't have that
now, and I'm a bit unsure how the GUI should be done. Only for https sites?
All of Konq in a separate wallet? Dirk/George: any ideas?

--
Martijn