Request: drop kxmlrpc daemon for 3.2

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Mon Oct 20 20:19:59 BST 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 07:35:58PM +0200, Tim Jansen wrote:
> On Monday 20 October 2003 10:09, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi Tim,

> > Removing the daemon is fine with me, but we should move the parsing code
> > to a library and add a XMLRPC creation code + network connection
> > handling, so that a KDE app can easily talk to XMLRPC servers.
>
> But then you should fix it first. Bugs from a first look:
> - it only parses XML streams that start with "<?xml" (which is optional for
> UTF8 encoded XML streams)
> - it will break if it encounters a comment or a processing instruction where
> it expects a element or a text
> - it assumes that all values are normalized and in a single node. E.g. when
> CData is used for values and mixed with text, it will break
Cornelius pointed me to xmlrpciface.(h|cpp) in kdenonbeta/kblog, which
looks more advanced than the kxmlrpc code... so I'd agree on using
Ian's code (maybe move it to kdelibs some day) and drop kxmlrpc.

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Can a government that shoots at reporters be democratic?
Separate politics from religion and economy!