"Folder" or "Directory"?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Oct 20 13:29:44 BST 2003

On Monday 20 October 2003 11:54, Craig Drummond wrote:
> > already been made, not by the developers, but by the ones who are
> > responsible for proof reading and translation. I don't see the need
> > for any more "I'm pro!" / "I'm against!" messages. Just accept the
> > decision of the i18n team.
>
> Why? If I, and others, don't agree with a decision in which I was not
> part of - why should I just "shut up"?

You were also not part of many other decisions because they were
discussed elsewhere (e.g. on the KMail list just to name a random
example). That's no reason to re-iterate a closed dicussion on
kde-core-devel.

> I don't see how this really affects i18n

I used "i18n team" as collective term for "translators, proof-readers,
documentation writers, etc.". This includes the English team.

> other non-english languages are free to use whichever
> term is more appropriate in the context for each language.

Exactly. And the same is true for the English team which mainly
concentrates on proof-reading and documentation. If you are interested
in the English "translation" then you should join the appropriate
mailing-lists. This is definitely no core-devel issue, but either a
translation/documentation issue (for non-english) or a usability/
documentation issue (for English). So everybody who wants to continue
this discussion, pretty please with sugar on top, do it somewhere else,
either on one of the two lists that were mentioned by Thomas Diehl or
on usability at kde.org.

Regards,
Ingo (who regrets that he didn't test KMail's new "Ignore Thread"
feature on this thread).