the old KDialogBase/Noatun bug

Charles Samuels charles at derkarl.org
Mon Oct 20 12:21:11 BST 2003

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Ravi wrote:
> On Saturday 18 October 2003 09:56 am, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > You should dig up the old mails from Ravi about it. AFAIR the widget stack
> > in  the janus widget wasn't properly updated, causing double deletion or
> > dangling pointer accesses.
> >
> > Adding a deleteLater thus might very well solve the problem, as it is run
> > through the event loop rather than immediately.
>
> Yes, it should fix the bug for Noatun; please see the last paragraph of the
> Doxygen docs for KJanusWidget. It cannot be fixed cleanly in KJanusWidget

If you would do me the favor of applying the patch, I won't be getting
online until a weekend or two, and I would love for it to be tested a bit
before release.

> because of BIC issues - ideally, I would like a
> KJanusWidget::deletePage(QWidget*) function (where we could properly call
> deleteLater()) instead of the current way of directly deleting the widget.

Well, IMO, directly deleting the widget is the right way.  It would be
consistent with the behavior of Qt (delete a QListViewItem and QListView
cleans up after it, for example).

Thanks,

-Charles