the old KDialogBase/Noatun bug

Ravi ravi at kde.org
Sun Oct 19 19:49:50 BST 2003

On Saturday 18 October 2003 09:56 am, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> You should dig up the old mails from Ravi about it. AFAIR the widget stack
> in
 the janus widget wasn't properly updated, causing double deletion or
> dangling pointer accesses.
>
> Adding a deleteLater thus might very well solve the problem, as it is run
> through the event loop rather than immediately.

Yes, it should fix the bug for Noatun; please see the last paragraph of the
Doxygen docs for KJanusWidget. It cannot be fixed cleanly in KJanusWidget
because of BIC issues - ideally, I would like a
KJanusWidget::deletePage(QWidget*) function (where we could properly call
deleteLater()) instead of the current way of directly deleting the widget.

As far as empty nodes not being deleted, I need to implement the TODO item
noted before KJanusWidget::removePage() in kjanuswidget.cpp; will see about
getting that done in a couple of days.

Regards,
Ravi