"Folder" or "Directory"?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Oct 19 21:33:54 BST 2003

and on Friday 17 October 2003 08:30, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2003 22:21 schrieb Craig Drummond:
> > > I have developed a firm opinion being a translator.
> > >
> > > Folder when there is a graphical representation
> > >
> > > directory for the command line
> >
> > ...so pressumably then you're saying KDE should always use
> > "folder"?
>
> If there's no explicit reference to the command line: yes. -- This
> has been discussed at length in kde-i18n-doc and kde-doc-english,
> BTW. The outcome was always as Erik Pedersen said. Unfortunately, the
> proof readers have not found the time yet to start working on this.
> See eg thread around
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-doc-english&m=102075930511553&w=2

Could we please stop this useless discussion. Obviously the decision has
already been made, not by the developers, but by the ones who are
responsible for proof reading and translation. I don't see the need for
any more "I'm pro!" / "I'm against!" messages. Just accept the decision
of the i18n team.

Regards,
Ingo