"Folder" or "Directory"?

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Thu Oct 16 14:01:04 BST 2003

On October 16, 2003 8:40 am, Craig Drummond wrote:
> The outcome of this seemed to be that file system folders should be named
> directories, while non-filesystem folders (like kmail folders) should be
> named folders.

Why was this decided?  Seems immensely dumb to me and just barking of UI
inconsistency.

I mean, just pick one or the other. I would lean towards Folders since most
anyone halfway knowlegable knows that a Folder == a directory, but people
coming over from Windows might not have that knowledge.

Either way though the argument seems pretty foolish to a bystander. KDE should
just pick one or the other and stick with it.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

http://www.keirstead.org