"Folder" or "Directory"?

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sat Oct 18 18:44:08 BST 2003

On Saturday, 18 October 2003 11:50, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Waldo Bastian wrote:
> >Yes I think so, I would give it to monday to give everyone a fair chance
> > to voice any objection. If no major objections have been raised by then
> > it can be changed to folder IMHO.
>
> My vote would be to keep "directory" where filesystem directories are

There is also the problem of translations. OK, I don't think literal
translations are mandatory, but still, translating "folder" in french would
give "chemise" (bah!) while "directory"/"repertoire" is much more significant
and widely accepted. Other latin languages will have the same problem.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer? .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org