"Folder" or "Directory"?

Simon Perreault nomis80 at nomis80.org
Sat Oct 18 19:35:18 BST 2003

On Saturday October 18 2003 13:44, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> There is also the problem of translations. OK, I don't think literal
> translations are mandatory, but still, translating "folder" in french would

 give "chemise" (bah!) while "directory"/"repertoire" is much more
> significant and widely accepted. Other latin languages will have the same
> problem.

Actually in French it is "Dossier", which is used in just about every French
software.

But I agree that every translation team should be free to standardize on its
own terms.

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80 at nomis80.org>
http://nomis80.org