[Issue N32570] [Qt 3.2.x Regression] Text wrap madness

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Oct 15 17:12:28 BST 2003

On Wednesday 15 October 2003 12:36, Marc Mutz wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 October 2003 13:44, qt-bugs at trolltech.com wrote:
> > That's not the correct way to go, as this makes things work quite
> > badly for asian languages. The correct way is to fix the issues
> > with latin text as the patch does. Hope this is satisfying for you
> > as well.
>
> I honestly don't know how to solve that conflict with '/'. In one
> case, it's part of a URL and that should not be line-wrapped at all,
> in another case, it's simply a way to say two/three things at once
> and then it would make sense to break there...

The solution is obviously not to break after '/'. If someone writes two/
three he can easily add a space after the '/' in case he wants a line
break after the '/'. In fact that's what I've been doing all the time.
If OTOH Qt breaks after '/' then there's nothing the user can do to
prevent this (unless he completely disables wordwrapping).

Regards,
Ingo