[Issue N32570] [Qt 3.2.x Regression] Text wrap madness

Marc Mutz mutz at kde.org
Wed Oct 15 11:36:01 BST 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 13:44, qt-bugs at trolltech.com wrote:
<snip>
> The algorithm however is a lot better than what we had for non latin
> languages, so the code is not as mad as you might think.
<snip>

I didn't say the code is mad. :-)

I said the feature is. And I still think it is. Some things that come
out of the Unicode Consortium are so mad that you can't help but
speculate what **** they smoked while writing it. I only say ß ->
ss in case folding :-(

> That's not the correct way to go, as this makes things work quite
> badly for asian languages. The correct way is to fix the issues with
> latin text as the patch does. Hope this is satisfying for you as well.

I honestly don't know how to solve that conflict with '/'. In one case,
it's part of a URL and that should not be line-wrapped at all, in
another case, it's simply a way to say two/three things at once and
then it would make sense to break there...

Marc

--
Silent leges inter arma      -- Cicero