KSCD, showstopper list

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Nov 23 22:40:28 GMT 2003

On Sunday 23 November 2003 17:31, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 23 November 2003 02:25, George Staikos wrote:
> > doesn't work in digital
>
> whoops... forgot to remove that option from the configuration... i didn't
> manage to finish up the digital support in time and so didn't commit it for
> 3.2 ... will remove the GUI option shortly...

   Argh I was counting on this in 3.2.  Powerbooks and iBooks require this
(that is, there is no traditional playback mode because there is no physical
audio cable on the drive).

> > or traditional playback mode,
>
> what sort of drive, what OS? if Linux, is it an IDE drive accessed via SCSI
> emulation mode?

  Yes, Linux via SCSI emulation.

> > the UI is very flaky  and inconsistent,
>
> you'll have to be more explicit... filing b.k.o reports is preferred. i've
> got ~5 hours slotted tomorrow to work on this and will be focussing
> primarily on issues reported via b.k.o, so let me know ...

   See 68178 for example.  I can't sit here and file bug reports for all these
little quirks - I just don't have time.

> >    This being said, on a second note, should we start a public
> > showstopper list for 3.2 on developer.kde.org?
>
> it would be nice to use b.k.o for this ... mark a bug as Critical and that
> allows a simple query to show all the showstoppers.

   That doesn't work.  Bugs are marked critical and sit through 4-5 releases
anyways.  We need a list that the release dude agrees have to be fixed in
order for a release to happen.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/