New Class: KInputDialog

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Thu May 29 17:53:33 BST 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 02:42, Nadeem Hasan wrote:

> > What improvements/extensions does it provide compared to QInputDialog?
> That it is a KDE class and hence fits better in KDE look and feel (e.g.

I now had a look: The second test shows that "Clear" is deactivated if the
value is invalid. I would think it should be always active except when empty.

And the editable getItem() could contain a "Clear" button too in my opinion.

> > > KLineEditDlg would be obsolete if this class is included in kdelibs.
> > And can not be dropped before KDE4.
> Yes, I am not asking for dropping it. Just marking it as obsolete. I
> volunteer to port the code using it to KInputDialog.

Can the no-caption getText() please be dropped at all and meaningful dialog
captions given during this process everywhere? :-)

Bye,
   Steve