Fwd: Re: kdenonbeta/kuiviewer

Richard Moore rich at kde.org
Thu May 22 19:06:57 BST 2003

Subject: Re: kdenonbeta/kuiviewer
Date: Thursday 22 May 2003 18:03
From: Richard Moore <rich at kde.org>
To: Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri at kde.org>, kde-cvs at kde.org

On Thursday 22 May 2003 05:48, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> CVS commit by geiseri:
>
> -Added support for style switching although they seem to have problems
> in konqi.
> -Cleaned up the xmlgui files some more.
>
> Rich what more do you think this application needs before it goes into
> KDESDK or kdeutils?  Correct handleing of command line arguments?
> Dump to QPixmap? DCOP interface maby ;)

They would all be nice. :-)
Dump to a file might be a good one:
    QPixmap p = QPixmap::grabWidget( m_view );
    p.save( "xxx.png", "PNG" );
would be a great feature for writing docs as you could display the dialogs
from an app easily and grab them. It might even be possible in future to make
it annotate the image with the tooltip and what's this texts. :-)

I think you've got the big issues, the style handling was the big one for me.
The only thing that springs to mind is that it would be nice to have an
action to forcibly kill the dialog (in case someone forgot to give you an ok
button). You should probably add yourself to the about data too.

> The kdevelop guys are pretty  hot to have this guy as a gideon part,
> since now with the style support it makes debugging UI files much
> faster since you dont have to start up designer, and you can see what
> it looks like in every style.

Great! I'm glad they like it.

Cheers

Rich.