New Classes KTabBar and KTabWidget for kdelibs

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Fri May 16 16:45:59 BST 2003

Hello,

now that qt-copy contains Qt 3.2 Beta 1 which adds support in QTabWidget for
custom widgets to be placed beside the tab bar, I want to ask for opinions
about KTabBar and KTabWidget as contained in kdenonbeta/testwidgets/tab and
want to propose them to be added to kdelibs/kdeui. KTab* extends QTabWidget
and makes most things possible I listed on this list some time ago, notable:

 - Close buttons within each tabs shown on hovering the icon (#46726).
 - Allow to rearrange tabs with middle mouse button (#50747).
 - Allow Drag and Drop of objects/urls to or from a tab (#41853).
 - Allow Drag and Drop of objects to empty tab space for new tab (#50747).
 - Allow to react to double-click and middle-click on tab (#48417).
 - Colorable tabs (for e.g. showing load/read state of a web page).
 - Tab context menus and context menu for space besides tab bar.

There is a prog in kdenonbeta/testwidgets/tab/test2 demonstrating all this.

Bye,
   Steve