qextmdi

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Thu May 15 22:50:30 BST 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 23:24, F at lk Brettschneider wrote:
> Waldo Bastian wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 15 May 2003 22:16, you wrote:
> >
> > Waldo,
> > can you please import the sources of gideon/lib/qextmdi to kdelibs cvs?
> >

> > Wher should they go exactly? I would think they should be part of
> > libkdeui.
>
> The mainwindow class depends on KParts::DockMainWindow. So it should be
> in parallel to kdeui.

Hmm, the good old inheritance (and dependencies) problem.
This means our options are:
1) adding it to kparts (feels very strange, since most of it isn't about kparts,
I guess you use KParts::DockMainWindow simply to let apps embed
kparts components _if_ they want to).
2) adding to an existing lib on top of kparts, like kutils
3) adding to a new lib on top of kparts.

I would go for 2), adding to libkutils.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer