qextmdi

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Thu May 15 22:24:52 BST 2003

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Thursday 15 May 2003 22:16, you wrote:
>
> Waldo,
> can you please import the sources of gideon/lib/qextmdi to kdelibs cvs?
>

> Wher should they go exactly? I would think they should be part of
> libkdeui.

The mainwindow class depends on KParts::DockMainWindow. So it should be
in parallel to kdeui.

> It
> was also suggested to rename the classes, if that is going to happen
> it would
> be a good idea to rename the files accordingly when moving, for that I
> need
> to know the new names.

Replace the prefix QextMdi with KMdi.
For example: QextMdiChildView to KMdiChildView

It would be a good idea to move it on the cvs server to keep the cvs
history. Is that possible?

> Cheers,
> Waldo

Cheers
F at lk

P.S. for Lubos Lunak: yes, the API might change when using your MDI
extensions in KWin. I don't know what features you're actually want to
program there. And yes, the API likely change when stepping to
QDockWindow since IIRC, KDockWidget pointers are in the API. But after
all the API hasn't changed for months since it's stable.