Fwd: Re: ksystraycmd

Cédric Brégardis cedric.bregardis at free.fr
Thu May 15 11:46:37 BST 2003

Hi,

I made some modification of ksystraycmd and I sent the changed version to
Richard Moore. Richard respond the message attached with this mail. That's
why I send this message.

After I sent my changed version to Richard I made other modifications. So I
now send you the last version with this mail. Here is the resume of the
modifications :

1)
I add a new option (--ownicon) to always have the ksystraycmd icon in the
systray instead of the icon of the target window. It can be useful if the
window's icon is ugly and can't be changed with the classical kde option (eg
: gkrellm which is a gtk application and don't know the --icon option). This
option should be use with the standard "--icon" kde option to specify the
icon.
Example:
ksystraycmd --icon /home/cedric/gkrellm.png --ownicon /usr/bin/gkrellm2

2)
I add the option --ontop which put the window always on top. (I wanted to have
gkrellm2 always on top, but the integrated option didn't worked, and kstart
used with ksystraycmd can't do that either)
Example:
ksystraycmd --ontop /usr/bin/gkrellm2

3)
Now the position of the window is memorized when the window is hidden and
restored when the window is restored. I add XMoveWindow( qt_xdisplay(), win,
left, top) just after XMapWindow( qt_xdisplay(), win ). Then the window is
drawn and moved AFTER. So, the window flick, but it is really important i
think to memorized the position.

4)
When the window is hidden and we ask to "quit" in the contextual menu, it
doesn't work, because the "closeWindowRequest" must be send to a window, and
there is no window (since it is hidden !). So I restaure the window with
XMapWindow( qt_xdisplay(), win ) just before the "closeWindowRequest", and it
works.

5)
The contextual menu now show "Restore" and "Hide" correctly (I hope). There
were problems with --startonshow and --quitonhide.

6)
If the options --startonshow and --hidden are used together then when we
activate the window by clicking on the systray or by choosing "restore" in
the menu, the window is shown. The "--hidden" option prevented this, and i
think it doesn't make sense (since with the --startonshow the window is
already hidden in the beggining).

7)
The option --quitonhide now works with the contextual menu and not only with
the mouse click.

8)
When ksystraycmd was launched without command and we asked to quit it didn't
work. Now it should quit correctly.

Thank you,
Cédric Brégardis

PS : I don't speek english very well, so you could have to change my comments
in the code.