Moving QExtMDI to kdelibs

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu May 15 08:44:01 BST 2003

On Tuesday 13 of May 2003 14:41, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Some time ago there was a discussion [1] about a common library which
> handles MDI stuff. It was mentioned that there is QExtMDI developed inside
> Gideon, and this is quite powerful and stable at this moment. We would like
> to use it (in mid term, but possibly before 3.2 comes out) also in Quanta,
> and I believe it would be useful also for other applications. By having
> different modes to handle MDI widgets, it would make MDI applications more
> user friendly also for those not liking the tabbed MDI.
>  Having our own fork in Quanta is a bad idea, so I request the moving of
> this library into kdelibs.
>
> Andras
>
> [1] as far as I remember, there was no objection by that time against
> moving it to kdelibs, but let's not do silently, but ask for permission
> once again.

 My question is - how stable is the API? And moreover, how stable it will be
if KWin gets MDI support (see the previous thread about MDI cca two months
ago)? I still intend to do this after KDE3.2, and I hope I could discuss this
with interested people in Nove Hrady (I'm afraid I won't have time for this
sooner).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer