Moving QExtMDI to kdelibs

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Tue May 13 15:19:14 BST 2003

Moin,

On Tuesday May 13 2003 16:05, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 May 2003 15:57, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > > "KDE does not use MDI"
> >
> > Which doesn't reflect the current situation in kde, lets name
> > konqueror, konsole, kate, quanta, kdevelop, .....
>
> That's pretty unfair! konqueror and konsole only give you the option to
> have more docs in it. quanta and kdevelop is real MDI which even MS have
> been wise enough to move away from.
>
> I simply don't use the MDI features in konsole and konqueror, and MDI is
> among the bigger reasons why I won't use kate, quanta and kdevelop.

Having the open-files-list on the left and _one_ view on the right is not real
MDI if I follow your logic. It all depends on how you configure kate. I have
to admit that the new (default) viewmode is rather ugly though.

I'm all for using Tabs or in rare cases splitting views (good for visual
compare :)) but I am totally against classes allowing the window-in-window
scheme like what was known as winblows 3.x.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn_AT_gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein