[HELP] KParts::StatusBarExtension and KParts::ReadOnlyPart::guiActivateEvent()

Christian Loose christian.loose at hamburg.de
Thu May 8 21:17:18 BST 2003

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with Cervisia.

I would like to change the state of the menu items when the CervisiaPart gets
activated for the first time (with KXMLGUIClient::stateChanged()). So I
overwrote the guiActivateEvent() method, but it never gets called!

After some debugging I came up with the following:

- KParts::MainWindow::createGUI() sends the GUIActivateEvent()
- QObject::event() receives the event and tries the event filters first
- KParts::StatusBarExtension::eventFilter() is called and consumes the event

I created the StatusBarExtension in CervisiaPart's constructor.

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to create the StatusBarExtension after I
received the GUIActivateEvent()? Why does the StatusBarExtension consume the
event?

--
Christian Loose