Replace KcmFontinst with kio_fonts

Craig Drummond Craig.Drummond at gmx.net
Tue Mar 11 17:39:56 GMT 2003

Hi,

Sorry for being so quiet - I'm at work at the moment, and had to actuall do
some work :-(

> very much agreed.
>
> > Users should not have to worry about TrueType vs. Type1, or have to
> > go through an install wizard, or other such nonsense.
>
> this is a good point btw, in the screen shot i see there are
> multiple directories for different font types. i'm not sure
> if it will confuse the user but maybe a single directory
> would make more sense. is this possible craig?

On the screen shot, the folders you are seing are the standard X folders -
located in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/. I agree that a single folder makes more
sense, but this is the way the XFree guys layout the folder. The users folder
- represented by the "Personal" icon - is jast a single folder, unless the
user wants to create sub-folders. I don't think  copying all the X11 fonts
into 1 folder is within scope of the font installer.

Craig.