Replace KcmFontinst with kio_fonts

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Tue Mar 11 17:26:12 GMT 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 12:50:55PM -0400, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> Why would no one be able to find it? Just make the Fonts KCM embed a
> Konq browser showing the contents of fonts://

yup, agreed makes much more sense.

like having a drag and drop kioslave for (icon, colour, whatever)
theme installation also makes much more sense than the currently
very confusing "install new theme" button and interface.

(because you have to download anyway)

> I disagree, this is the way both Windows and Mac install and manage fonts
> (drag them into a folder, delete them from the folder), and it is very
> intuitive and simple for the average person to do, as well as what they are
> used to.

very much agreed.

> Users should not have to worry about TrueType vs. Type1, or have to
> go through an install wizard, or other such nonsense.

this is a good point btw, in the screen shot i see there are
multiple directories for different font types. i'm not sure
if it will confuse the user but maybe a single directory
would make more sense. is this possible craig?

Alex