A test suite for dcop

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Tue Mar 11 14:07:24 GMT 2003

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 02:15:18PM +0100, Luis Pedro Coelho wrote:
> Le Mardi 11 Mars 2003 12:58, David Faure a écrit :
> > >
> > > Yes, kdenonbeta seems a nice place for them.
> >
> > I think regression tests are better placed in kdelibs/dcop/tests/ ...
>
> Maybe I wasn't clear enought, but I was thinking of kdenonbeta as an
> intermediate location before moving them to kdelibs if there was no major
> objection by anyone.
> I thought it might be good if it was publicly available for review
> before commiting it to kdelibs.

post the code or upload it to a web page. there's little point in
checking in code somewhere just to be moved in a few days/weeks.
also note that the tests/ directories usually are not compiled anyway,
so nobody will clobber you if you commit not entirely mature code.

> On a related note, I am not sure whether kdelibs/dcop/tests or
> kdelibs/tests/dcop would be the correct place, the reason being that
> some of the tests depend on kdecore so if they are under dcop they
> cannot be done by default.

i don't think that this is a problem. some already present tests have
dependencies beyond kdebase, even (at least run-time deps). they are not
part of a regular build and are in no case installed, so it hardly
matters what is needed to run them.

greetings