A test suite for dcop

Luis Pedro Coelho luis_pedro at netcabo.pt
Tue Mar 11 13:15:18 GMT 2003

Le Mardi 11 Mars 2003 12:58, David Faure a écrit :
> On Tuesday 11 March 2003 12:50, Luis Pedro Coelho wrote:
> > Le Lundi 10 Mars 2003 20:42, Ian Reinhart Geiser a écrit :
> > > Could you place them in kdenonbeta for public abuse or post them on a
> > > URL?
> >
> > Yes, kdenonbeta seems a nice place for them.
>
> I think regression tests are better placed in kdelibs/dcop/tests/ ...

Maybe I wasn't clear enought, but I was thinking of kdenonbeta as an
intermediate location before moving them to kdelibs if there was no major
objection by anyone.
I thought it might be good if it was publicly available for review before
commiting it to
kdelibs.

On a related note, I am not sure whether kdelibs/dcop/tests or
kdelibs/tests/dcop would be the correct place, the reason being that some of
the tests depend on kdecore so if they are under dcop they cannot be done by
default. OTOH, I am afraid that if they are in kdelibs/tests/dcop they will
be completelly forgotten unless they are made to run on every build. Maybe a
good solution would be to have the tests run if and only if --with-debug is
specified (or if they are run manually of course : "cd tests/dcop ; make
tests" or something like that).

Regards,
--
Luis Pedro Coelho

check out my game of hearts for the KDE at

http://hearts.sf.net