glib in kdesupport: yes or no?

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Mon Mar 10 03:51:38 GMT 2003

Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:

> > > Is there a lower grade than F?
> > > Sounds like what George Staikos assigned for communication on these
> > > issues isn't quite low enough.
> >
> > KDE is facing institutional problems right now.  The way I see it a small
> > group of people thinks they "run" KDE, whereas they really do not.  They
> > thrive on secrecy.  Their methods will not prevail.
> >
> Ummm have you been reading the list, or IRC?

Just generally paying attention over the years to how things work :-).

> This seems like we have quite a discussion, and everyone who has something to
> say has been saying it.

I wasn't referring specifically to this discussion :-), but rather commenting on
the "F for communication" comment.

> > KDE needs to remain what it has always been:  free, open, "democractic".
> > No more back-room deals.  That is unacceptable.
>
> We have a few core guys who DO quite a bit, and KDE has always been guided by
> the doers... Are you saying we need more backseat drivers?

In my experience the amount of doers being pressured by secret societies, who
may or may not themselves be doers, is accelerating greatly.  And I find that
unacceptable for KDE as a whole.

Nobody in KDE serves anyone else, but some small group seems to ignore that
fundamental principle.  But now I am getting too far off-topic :-).

Ciao,

Dre