KSplash/ML donation?

Mosfet dan.duley at verizon.net
Sat Mar 8 17:34:37 GMT 2003

Actually, giving it a little further thought, forget it. It was probably a
mistake for me to try to do anything to improve KDE's usability in
coordination with you guys in the first place. That never works. If I decide
to follow through with this project I'll fork, do it on my own, and compete
with you. I don't need the attitude from core developers.

As for the other comments: First of all I never said I was going to do a theme
manager before. A long time ago I was working on a theme designer - a drag
and drop utility for making pixmap themes. I dropped this because pixmap
theme suck, as evidenced by hardly anyone using them anymore, and I was
moving more toward C++ styles. I was going to do a new theme manager to help
KDE usabilty and this was quite a different project.

Second of all, don't spread FUD about Liquid's legal status. It has been out
for quite a long time now, the artwork is all original, the style does not
operate like any other operating system's, it has been ported to many
different user interfaces including PDAs, and has had several hundred
thousand downloads. If you want to talk about mimicking other people's user
interfaces I can point you to several other included KDE/Qt styles that do it
much more blantantly than I ever did. Apple's problem was with people
directly ripping off their icons and other system artwork, such as the old
MacOS themes. Liquid never did this, it was created with original artwork,
and has had no legal issues. I never even used MacOSX.