KSplash/ML donation?

Brian Ledbetter brian at shadowcom.net
Sat Mar 8 02:59:33 GMT 2003

> I highly agree on this part since there are some small but nagging areas in
> the KSplash/ML code-base that are in a great need of fixing. For one: the
> fact that NONE of the changes that you do using the customization dialog are
> saved when you press apply. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE KSplash/ML much more
> than KSplash, it just needs some code clean-ups/fixes to be 100%.

Excellent point, Gary and Allan.  This is exactly the kind of thing I have not
had the time or energy at the end of the day to get in and implement, which is
why I hope the project can find a new home here.  If anyone needs pointers on
the APIs I have implemented to support splash screen themeing, or if any of
the code doesn't make sense, I am certainly available to explain myself..  :)

be supportive of some unified API which took into account both login (KDM),
splash (ksplash or /ml), and screensaver password dialog interfaces, along with
any additional integrations (kicker?  kpersonalizer?) which would need to happen
to make life easier on the end user.  I'd be interested in seeing what kind of
ideas come out of it, and would love to participate in any way my limited time
could offer...

Regards,

--
Brian Ledbetter <brian at shadowcom.net>