glib dependancy in KDE3.x

Werner Trobin trobin at kde.org
Thu Mar 6 11:02:35 GMT 2003

On Thursday 06 March 2003 10:03, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>    Hi!

[...glib dependency...]

> Thus, I am considering removing the glib compatibility code from aRts, and
> depending on the real thing in the future. The question is: are there any
> objections and/or comments against doing this within the KDE3.x cycle (i.e.
> for KDE3.2)?

Are we talking about glib 1.2.x or glib 2.x here? The library I'm developing
(wv2, the .doc importer for KWord) depends on libgsf, which in turn depends
on libxml2 (already a KDE dependency) and glib2 (*some* 2.x version).

Due to that I also support your idea of depending on glib, as long as it's
glib 2.x :-)

Ciao,
Werner

P.S. How do you plan to detect glib in configure checks? Do you plan to use
pkg-config? Should KDE provice .pc files too? If we decide to do that, we'd
probably have to extend pkg-config a bit...