Weird info ioslave

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Tue Mar 4 14:53:10 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 11.04, David Pashley wrote:
> Luis Pedro Coelho said, and I quote:
> > Em Domingo 02 Março 2003 19:40, Andras Mantia escreveu:
> > >  Since some time the info ioslave is a little broken. Take a look at
> > > the screnshot (kdelibs & kdebase from today).
> > >
> > > Andras
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just to say that I have been digging into the info kioslave latelly and
> > would like to solve this and other problems. So if anyone else would like
> > to tackle this, please drop me a line to avoid duplicate work or merging
> > conflicts.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Okay, that may have been my fault. The problem is that the kde-info2html
> script needs to know where some files are installed. If you look at line
> 461, you will see $prefix=/usr. This needs to get the correct value from
> automake. I think the correct thing to to would be to move
> kde-info2html.conf to kde-info2html.conf.in and use autoconf to get the
> correct value for the directories.

Two points: I've just redone the KHelpcenter Layouts, to use the new website
graphics and something similar to their style.  Don't spend too much time on
this if it's just broken layout, we can take a look at rewriting that
sometime fairly soon, but not until I've nailed a stable layout (the one
that's there looks pretty good to me, but it's still got a few quirks, so it
will be tweaked in the next few days.)

The second, if it's just a matter of trying to locate the
$KDEDIR/share/doc/HTML/<lang>/common directory, and considering the kioslave
is for use within KHelpCenter and Konqueror, you may be able to use the
solution we do in the Docs themselves, which is to actually use a
help:/common/ url for the graphics and stylesheets.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/