Spell checking (was: Re: Upon a fresh install ofKDE..)

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at norran.net
Wed Jun 25 01:08:26 BST 2003

On onsdagen den 25 juni 2003 01.13, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 June 2003 08:04, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > ביום שלישי, 24 ביוני 2003, 03:25, Antonio Larrosa Jiménez כתב:
> > > I think that it would be great to combine that with some sort of
> > > auto-caching of the language with respect to the "To" field.
> > > Everyone usually writes the same people in the same language. For
> > > example, I always write to kde-core-devel in english, but to some
> > > of my friends in spanish, so it should autoselect the language
> > > depending on who am I sending the mail to.
>
> We (resp. I) plan to make KMail automagically select the correct
> language. How? Well, we simply check which language gives the least
> spelling errors after a certain amount of words has been typed. But of
> course it doesn't make much sense to try all installed languages.
> Therefore KSpellConfig should allow the user to specify a list of
> dictionaries which should be used.

This might not be as easy as it seems...
Suppose I copy some source code (with comments) into a mail,
and then write a few lines of explanations in Swedish...
An automatic spellchecker might choose english...

Please make it possible tho change spellchecker mode (off, auto, languages...)
in the window.

It is probably easier/safer/... to implement the manual modes first.

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteå