Australian representative?

Russell Miller rmiller at duskglow.com
Wed Jul 16 05:25:29 BST 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 11:31:16PM +0200, Thomas Diehl wrote:

> Even if he thought he was talking to Daniel Stone: I must say the direction
> this whole "personal evaluation" thing is turning to now makes me feel _very_
> uneasy. Daniel sent a clear and detailled apology to this list which surely
> was not an easy thing to write. And if there still has to be talk about
> things one would "rather not be associated with": For me, it is much more a
> certain lack of generosity I don't want to be part of.

Actually, I quite agree.  This has gone far enough.

Whether you want Daniel as your representative or not is one thing.  It is
certainly the collective's right to decide who it wishes to represent it.
However, the personal infighting that is beginning to show its face is
positively reprehensible, and I am quite ashamed to see it rearing its ugly
head here.

Either come up with some process to fairly choose a representative (secret
ballots or something similar comes to mind), or just let Don give it a shot.
This sniping does nothing whatsoever to build community.  And community is
all we have.

--Russell