Australian representative?

Lauri Watts lauri at kde.org
Mon Jul 7 08:41:31 BST 2003

On Friday 04 July 2003 14.17, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Sirtaj (taj at k.o), has been in Delhi for quite some time, and will
> continue to be, instead of in Australia. Because of this, he got changed
> to an Asian representative, rather than the Australian rep. This means
> we've got no-one left in Australia!
>
> Around the time my -c-d post access was revoked,
Due to your own bad behaviour including an apparent inability to make a post
without filling it with swearing and ad hominem attacks.
> my status as a .au
> representative also got revoked by a member of the web team.
s/member of the web team/active and valued developer/
After having been added arbitrarily, and removed not without at least tacit
and some cases explicit approval by many other people.
> I handled a
> few cases, and did so quite well, IMHO; as it stands, we have no
> representatives for a country of 19 million, so I'm perfectly willing to

And if there are objections?

Daniel, you seem to have the idea that I dislike you personally.  This isn't
true. I've tried to come up with a way to say the following politely, and
this is the best I can do.

I don't think your behaviour historically on these very-publicly archived
lists and other public forums is the kind of behaviour I wish to see
identified as 'representative of KDE.'  I think we have some time to go
before you've earnt back the goodwill you may have had previously with many
of us.  I think KDE is currently better off without an Australian
representative at all, than one who has a public persona that could cause us
to be taken less than seriously.

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts